August 2017 Committee Minutes
Committee Meeting 8-28-17
- Called to Order– 7:07
- Treasurer’s Report- We have $205.00 in the council account and $1170.14 in troop funds. We made $66.48 from the Streets of New York fundraiser and $210.00 from the merit badge clinic. We still have one scout who owes a small amount for dues, and two scouts who still owe for Geronimo. These total $494.14. Please check your child’s scoutbook account to see if they still owe anything!
- Recruitment Update- Lisa went to Round Table and will be sharing out with the cub scouts there, and inviting them to our future merit badge clinics. Zoe would like to host a merit badge clinic each quarter as a fundraiser and recruitment event.
- Advancement Update- We had 4 board of reviews, and the next Court of Honor will be on October 2, 2017.
- Service Update- There were 7 scouts at the Hidden Hills service event. We will be taking some time off as school resumes. The boys will let Zoe know when they are ready for more service projects, and Kim will organize them. When events are scheduled, Kim will ask for who can carpool and who can attend.
- Outdoor Update– Howie schedules our troop recruitment campout for February 23-25. It was mentioned that Scout-A-Rama might be scheduled for that weekend. If so, we will bump it to the following weekend. Richard M. is checking on the date from district.
Reminder- The boys would like to have a troop hat, and Zoe researched a few options. Lisa is going to work with Zoe to order them and have a friend embroider them. Each scout needs to bring $15.00 to cover the cost by the end of August. Checks can be made out to Troop #619.
- Knoll Lake Campout- September 22-24
- Reavis Ranch Backpacking Trip-October 20-22 *Scouts will need 3 liters of water in their packs.
- District Camporee R.C. Ranch- November 10-12
- Canyon Lake Campout- November 17-19