1) July 31st @ 12:30-2:20 Hidden Hills Elementary School 1919 E. Sharon Drive, Phx, AZ 85022
Principal Gianna Colonna needs helps removing a ton of supplies and outdated things. Scouts will load a truck of items and take to a local charity.
2) August 4th- 1-3pm Feed my starving Children- Mesa-check out video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9RH_e3gb0g&feature=youtu.be. Scouts will help pack up food.
Let me know if you have questions.
Event: Canyon Lake Fishing Campout
Where: Canyon Lake
When: Sep 22, 2017 to Sep 24, 2017
Distributed Car Camping, no water or facilities. Pack it in, Pack it out. Tonto passes are required.
Event: Bring a Friend and Patch Night!
When: Aug 7, 2017, 7pm – 8pm
Bring a friend! We will be celebrating the end of summer and the start of school. There will be an ice cream sunday bar, as well as handing out all the geronimo patches!
Just a reminder we have 2 service projects this week.
1) Tuesday at 9:00 Homeward Bound – needs scouts to put together school supplies should take 2 hours. I have Colton, Maxx and Jack attending anyone else?
Address: 2302 W. Colter St. Phx, 85015
2) Friday at 4:00-6:30 at St. Vinvent de Paul- scouts need to be ready to clean up dishes, clear table and serve food. We sign up for 15 people. I only have Pestka and Rea family which is 9 people. I think Maxx too. Anyone else??
Let me know. Thanks!
Kim Pestka, M.Ed.
Here is the link to sign up for the potluck at the end of the month if you didn’t get it. The boys are going to be fishing and doing water activities!
I just wanted to let you know that our next Committee Meeting will be on Monday, July 17th @ 7:00 P.M. We will be discussing upcoming service projects, troop events, fundraising for the winter snowboarding trip, recruitment ideas/events we would like to organize and host, and any other ideas, questions or concerns you may have. Zoe will also be sending in Tyler (S.P.L.- Senior Patrol Leader) to share with us what the boys will be doing for the rest of the summer, and to request any support they may need from us.
I think it would be GREAT for our troop to have at least one parent from each family there!
Thank you in advance for your support,
P.S. I will bring a dessert!
We will be having our Program Planning meeting this Sunday, for the next 6 months of program planning. If there was a campout or activity you wanted to do between August and January, please let your patrol leaders know at tonight’s meeting. We will make some time for it during the meeting.
We will be relocating to Ashurst Lake on the forked pine campground. If that is also full we will be doing dispersed primitive camping around marshal lake. There is a motorcycle club rally at Mormon lake that has filled the area.
It was recommended that you bring sunscreen and a hat as you will be in the sun. I know Zoe said Class A but bring your green shirts in case as it is going to be very hot. We are suppose to be meeting at 8:30 in the Community Learning Center at this school. See you there.
Help our kids enjoy a break from the Phoenix heat! June 3rd from 8:30am-12:30pm All Boys are welcome!
1) Children and families from the Excelencia school area will be celebrating the end of a wonderfully successful academic school year and you can help.
This fun event promises to be a splash!
As a volunteer, you will be helping:
* Set up and run our Water Olympics
* Operating the Cotton candy machine
* Operating the Snow cone machine
* Serving hotdog lunch
* Clean up
Contact Kim in Google Groups your confirm attendance.