December 2017 Committee Minutes
Committee Meeting 12-11-17
- Called to Order- 6:57
- Treasurer’s Report- The council account is $205.00, and the troop funds are at $1,319.05. There was $220.00 deposited for wreaths/popcorn, $4689.75 paid out for popcorn to council, and $692.00 will be coming out for recharter soon.
- Recruitment Update- At the last roundtable Kevin expressed that we would be available to help with any cub scout needs, or offer any support. A pack might be joining us at the wreath laying.
- Fundraising Update- Planet donate will be dropping a bin here at the church and we will be doing a three-way divide with any income that it produces (scout troop, venture crew and the church youth group) We were also thinking about selling mistletoe next winter. SELL POPCORN!
- Advancement Update– Adam Krueger’s received his eagle award.
- Service Update- Richard and Duncan participated in the recycle the bike program and distributed just under 1,500 bikes.
- Outdoor Update- Biosphere II trip is taking place on February 10th.
- Citizenship Merit Badge Clinic- December 3rd The event brought in an even $300.00 to the troop, and helped 37 boys advance in rank.
- Sign up for the potluck this Saturday! Gift exchange for scouts ($15 max) and adults will do their own if they would like to participate)
- We would like to do another merit badge clinic March 11th. This is a tentative date and we will give thought to which badges we want to offer.
Meeting ended at 8:12
- Wreaths Across Veterans Cemetery- December 16th meet at 9:00 A.M.
- Scout Holiday Party- Saturday- December 16th following the wreaths
- Pancake Breakfast Fundraiser at Cross in the Desert- December 31st 10:15 A.M. (serving at 11:00)
- Winter Trip- January 19-21
- Biosphere Tour- February 10th
Next Committee Meeting is Monday, January 8th!