October 2017 Committee Minutes
Committee Meeting 10-9-17
- Call to Order- 6:49
- Treasurer’s Report- We have $477.66 in the council account and $888.47 in troop funds
- Recruitment Update- Lisa went to roundtable and emphasized that our troop can help the packs. She offered that our scouts can come to their meetings to help teach and she also offered that we help at pack #619’s pinewood derby. We will do a recruitment campout February 2-4.
- Fundraising Update– Lisa is setting up a fundraiser night for the venture crew and we will see how it goes and might schedule one with the boy scouts.
- Advancement Update- Last week was the court of honor and now Kathy will be collecting for the next one.
- Service Update– Nothing new
- Outdoor Update- Canyon Lake was canceled. Howie has been in contact with a few potential out places, and will finalize our recruitment campout at Heard Pueblo for February 2-4.
- Questions, comments, etc.
- Recharter- The troop is up for recharter. Each scout needs to pay their annual dues of $60.00 by November 1st, or communicate with Lisa that they would like it deducted from their troop account. Checks can be made out to Troop #619.
- Troop hats? These have been tabled for now.
- Religious classes are going to be offered for scouts through the chartered organization. Details to come!
- Halloween Potluck- We will be having PIZZA!
- SELL POPCORN! October 19th is the date that popcorn orders and money need to be submitted to Kevin.
- The troop held elections since there have been changes on the roster. Our SPL is still Tyler Joy, Kyle Berg is the patrol leader, and Travis Mora is the assistant patrol leader.
- Reavis Ranch Backpacking Trip- October 20-22nd
- Recycle Your Bicycle Workshops begin October 21st 9:00 1340 E Jackson every Saturday through the first week of December.
- First Aide, CPR, and AED training at Cross in the Desert cost is $20- October 28th
- Cross in the Desert Halloween Festival! Scouts needed at 1:00 for set-up and help- October 29th
- Troop Halloween Potluck- October 30th
- District Camporee R.C. Ranch-November 10-12th
- Winter Snowboarding Trip- January 19-21
Next Committee Meeting is Monday, November 13th!