June 2017 Committee Minutes
Troop 619 Committee Meeting
June 12, 2017
- Meeting was called to order at 7:03
- Kevin gave the treasurer’s report. The Council Account=$225.00, the Troop Funds= $1730.89, and the car wash brought in $300.00.
- Kathy was absent so there was no update with rank advancement, but there are three board of reviews coming up next week.
- Lisa gave the recruitment update. She recently went to a meeting that gave her excellent ideas to promote the troop and recruit new scouts. Two key ideas that will be planned in the near future were a Saturday clinic for cub scouts, and the September Recruitment Campout to be held locally in order to gain greater attendance.
- Kim gave the service update. The last service project (summer splash) had Maxx, Colton and Jack in attendance. The Memorial Flag setting at the Cemetery had Duncan, Tyson, Colton and Jack. She is planning three more service opportunities to be completed during the summer, and will put them in Scoutbook for scheduling purposes once they are confirmed.
- Fundraising is a group position currently, and if you know of anyone interested in taking on the position please let Joy or Zoe know. We recently brought in $300.oo from the car wash, and we will know soon what was made from the Streets of New York dinner night. As a group, we planned a pancake breakfast at the church on July 30th @ 9:00 AM, and a possible dinner night on June 28th. Joy will send an email to confirm once these are official. Lisa will be calling Chick-Fil-A to set up that dinner night, and Kevin signed up the troop for popcorn sales in the fall.
- Howie will be taking on the role of Outdoor Coordinator until it is filled permanently. He will be reserving the locations for the August and September campouts.
- There was no change in troop leadership for the next term. Tyler will be Senior Patrol Leader, Shane will be the patrol leader for the Olympians and Jack will be the patrol leader for the Wolf Pack.
- Car Wash on 5-21
- Memorial Flag Setting and Picnic on 5-27
- Summer Bash Service Project on 6-3
- Streets of New York Fundraiser on 6-6
- Last weekend’s campout 6/9-6/11
- July 1-8 Camp Geronimo
- July 16- Patrol Leader Meeting at the Rea’s home
- July 17- Committee Meeting
- July 29- Scout Skills, Water Day and Potluck at Rio Vista Park
- July 30- Pancake Breakfast Fundraiser at Cross in the Desert
- August 20- Citizenship Merit Badges Marathon
- September 22-24 Recruitment Campout